Bridesmaid Proposal Ideas: 15 Fun Ways to Ask Your Bridesmaids & Maid of Honor
You’ve gotten engaged, and now the fun part begins: bridesmaid proposal time! There’s nothing quite like the joy and excitement of planning a beautiful wedding with your closest friends by your side. Naturally, you want each bridesmaid's invitation to be unique and memorable. Fortunately, if you’re stumped for ideas, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of fun ways to ask bridesmaids to attend your wedding:
15 Ways to Ask Your Bridesmaids to Attend Your Wedding
1. Create a bespoke bridesmaid proposal box. We think proposal boxes (like this one from ModParty
) are one of the best gift ideas for asking bridesmaids to be a part of your wedding. Why? No one knows your friends like you do. You can fill each bridesmaid proposal box with small personalized gifts that reflect each ‘maid’s tastes, interests, and moments you’ve shared together.
2. Send your bridesmaids keepsake puzzles. When you’re asking bridesmaids, gifts matter as they will serve as a reminder of this special moment in your friendship. Ideally, you want to choose a gift that will in itself provide a memorable experience. We think these keepsake puzzles by Wistfully Modern
are the perfect pick. Not only will your bridesmaids have a lot of fun figuring out their individual puzzles, these gorgeous pieces can be framed after completion.
3. Wrap your invitations in good fortune. These delicious fortune cookie-style treats by Maple And Love are as nice to look at as they are to eat… and they’re the perfect vehicle for delivering bridesmaid invitations.
4. Plan a spa day, complete with custom apparel. Why just “pop the question” to your friends when you can make a day of it? Book a spa day for you and your friends, then surprise them with invitations and the gift of custom-embroidered bath robes, towels, or eye masks from Plum Pretty Sugar.
5. Get matching mani/pedis in your wedding colors… Then hand your friends custom invites in the form of nail polish bottles from Pretty Please Nail Polish
6. Bejewel your invites. If you want to give your bridesmaids invitations they can really enjoy, try these beautiful charm bracelet invites from Modparty
. Your girls could even wear them on your wedding day!
7. Give your friends a place to put their jewelry. If your girlfriends are already drowning in accessories, why not give them a place to store their jewelry? The Wedding Outlet
has a marvelous selection of customizable bridesmaid jewelry boxes to choose from. Even better? Place a special piece within the box for her to don on your wedding day.
8. If your friends love a good drink—and a good pun—get them monogrammed drink cozies from The Monogram Line
via Etsy. These cute, quirky invites provide a great way to keep drinks cool on a hot day.
9. Form your own tribe with temporary tattoos. These temporary tattoos by ModParty
are both fun and trendy thanks to their beautiful gold sheen. If you’re looking for a unique item to add to your bridesmaid boxes, then look no further.
10. Give her something cozy to sip from the morning of your wedding day. We cannot get over how beautifully painted these mugs from ByTracy
are! If your friends love nothing more than a good cup of tea or coffee, bespoke mugs might be just the thing to make them smile.
11. Print out some custom wine labels. If your friends prefer vino to tea, we suggest purchasing these stylish custom wine labels by Studio B Labels
. Just attach these labels to each bridesmaid’s favorite variety of wine and they’ll be all set to toast to your upcoming wedding.
12. Send out customized crossword puzzles. These crossword-style bridesmaid invites by Coupe De Papier
are ideal for bookish girls who love a challenge.
13. Spoil your friends with a spa set. This beautiful, all-natural spa gift box by Lizush
is an ultimately luxurious bridesmaid invitation. Your friends deserve the best, after all.
14. Give your maid of honor a sister-perfect gift. Whether your maid of honor is your sister by birth or your sister in spirit, we think this stunning necklace invitation set by So Blessed Designs
is the perfect way to let her know how much you cherish her.
15. Say it with chocolate. Let’s face it—you can’t go wrong with chocolate. We think these yummy, pretty chocolate letters by What Candy Says
are sure to be a hit with just about any group of girls.
Ready for the Dress?
When you choose the perfect bridesmaid proposal gifts, you’re doing a lot more than just creating a stylish wedding experience. You’re letting your friends know you value them, care about them, and will feel honored to have them by your side on your big day.
Now that you’ve got your best girls by your side—it’s time to select your bridal party’s perfect look. Take a look at our Bridal Suite
for glamorous, sophisticated gowns for brides and bridesmaids alike.